Event bids must be submitted by any member of the BMDL who wishes to autocrat an event. Event bids must also be submitted by members of other local groups who want the BMDL to sponsor their event.
Event bids must be presented at a bi-monthly Baronial Officers' meeting (or, in special cases, at a regular monthly Barony meeting, by pre-arrangement with the Seneschal) in order to be approved.
The absolute deadline to bid for an unofficial event is the Officers' Meeting two months before the month of the event. For example, the March officers' meeting can consider an unofficial May event. Official events must be submitted at least four months in advance of the event in order to make the deadline for the Kingdom newsletter. Ideally, all event bids should be submitted six to twelve months in advance.
All event bids must include the following:
- Completed Event Bid form (available to download below) or equivalent.
- Proof of SCA membership for the Autocrat. This must prove membership at the time of the event; if the proposed Autocrat's membership expires prior to the event, he or she must renew promptly and show proof of renewable to the Seneschal as soon as feasible.
Ideal event bids should also include the following:
- Resumes for the Autocrat and Head Cook
- List of facilities available at the site (classrooms, fighting areas, extra rooms, etc.)
- Proposed event announcement including directions that conform to the guidelines set forth by the Kingdom Chronicler.
- Full list of sub-autocrats and their assistants.
Forms available for download:
Instructions for submitting an event announcement can be found in the Kingdom Chronicler's policies. The following link will take you to a document from the Æthelmearc kingdom web site: Kingdom Chronicler Policies