Click here for an important message for users of Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo, and MSN.
The Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands is a branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism, an international organization dedicated to the study and recreation of the Middle Ages and early Renaissance.
Geographically, the Debatable Lands include greater Pittsburgh and most of southwestern Pennsylvania. The Debatable Lands is the oldest and one of the largest baronies in the Kingdom of Æthelmearc, the region covering western New York, most of Pennsylvania outside the Harrisburg-Philadelphia corridor, and West Virginia.
The Barony-Marche also proudly includes two smaller branches within its borders: the Canton of Steltonwald, covering Beaver County, PA; and the College of Cour d'Or, representing Pittsburgh-area college students.
Their Excellencies, Baron Uilliam Mac an tSaoir and Baroness Constance Glyn Dwr, of these Debatable Lands have announced their intention to step down from the Baronial thrones. They have asked the Barony's Seneschal and selection committee to begin seeking heirs so that the four-decades-long continuity of Baronial rule here in the lands of the marche can be preserved.
Call for Letters, Knight Marshal
Unto the Barony does Baron Liam send greetings;
At the October Officer's Meeting, my term as Knight Marshal will end. I am not seeking a second term at this time. At this time we are seeking letters for Knight Marshal of the Barony.
The job of Knight Marshal entails:
- Assurance that regular practices for marshal activities happen within the barony.
- Oversight of marshals for all barony activities and practices.
- Assurance that loaner gear is available for new people.
- Filing of quarterly reports to the Region 2 Marshal.
- Reporting of all incidents and injuries within 24 hours to the Region 2 Marshal and the Kingdom Earl Marshal
- You must be a Warranted Marshal in the Kingdom of Aethelmearc.
- You must hold a Current Membership to the SCA.
- You must live within the borders of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands.
- You must attend Baronial Officers meetings regularly or appoint a proxy.
- You must keep track of loaner armor and weapons or appoint a deputy to do so.
If you are interested in the position please submit a letter to Myself and Master Alaric the seneschal for the barony by Noon on October 7th, 2015. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself or Master Alaric.
In service to the Barony
Baron Uilliam Mac-an-tSaoir
Knight Marshal, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Upcoming Events and Important News:
- Fri, Oct 16, 2015: Agincourt 10th Year and St. Crispin A+S Competition
- Sun, Nov 08, 2015: Barony Meeting and Harvest Revel
Once again Their Excellencies Sir Byron & Sir Ariella have graciously agreed to host our November Harvest Revel and Barony Meeting, on November 8th, 2015!
Come on out for a fun-filled day of martial activities pie Barony Meeting pie ballot counting and announcement of the Baron and Baroness elect pie commedia class pumpkin tossing and wait for it PIE!
This year the candidates (or their designated pie tasters) will be the judges for the pie contest! Look at the candidate profiles to find out their favorite pies, and get a leg up on the competition. Also, for those interested in Commedia, members of I Genisii will be holding a class. Come and learn!
Schedule (times are approximate and may change):
10:30 am (Setup) 11:00 am (Archery and thrown weapons) 11:30 am (I Genisii class) 12:00 pm (Pie contest judging begins) 1:15 pm (Debatable Choir performance) 1:30 pm (Barony Meeting begins) 2:00 pm (Heavy Combat, Fencing, and Youth Combat Ballot counting begins - last chance to turn in ballots!) 2:30 pm (Pie contest judging ends) 3:00 pm (Announcement of pie contest winners and Baronial Election results) 4:00 pm (Pumpkin tossing) 6:00 pm (Site closes and cleanup)
This is an "enhanced practice", and garb is not required.More events may be found on the Events & Demos webpage.
Questions? Suggestions? Contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.